- Offering 4 miles of slopes and terrain, Alpika Service is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Russia.
- Alpika Service is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Russia.
- Elevated between 1755 ft and 7310 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Russia. The vertical drop from summit to base is 5554 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Russia is 3104 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Dec 16 and ends on Apr 15 (120 days). Average season duration in Russia is 147 days.
- The ski resort is among the 5 ski Resorts with best conditions in Russia.
- Alpika Service features 27 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Russia is 19 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 7 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 5 sunniest in Russia.
The Ski Resort
Alpika Service is located between the two ski resorts Rosa Khutor and Gorky Gorod. With its elevation at 535m/1,755ft to 2,228m/7,310ft above sea level, it is among the ski resorts with the highest vertical drop in the world. Alpika Service, along with Gazprom Mountain Resort Laura, is part of Gazprom Mountain Tourist Center. Both ski areas are connected by cable car A3.
Alpika Service goes back to 1992, which makes it the oldest ski resort in the Krasnaja Poljana region. It was modernised and extended for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi.
Infrastructure & Rental
The closest airport is located in Adler, south of Sochi, 45km/28mi from Alpika Service. Bus line 105 starts at the main railway station in Sochi and stops at the airport as well as Krasnaya Polyana railway station, which is right next to the base station of the Alpika lifts.