Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Lift tickets available online
- Offering 19 miles of slopes and terrain, Gorky Gorod is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Russia.
- Gorky Gorod is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Russia.
- Elevated between 1706 ft and 7792 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Russia. The vertical drop from summit to base is 6086 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Russia is 3104 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- The ski resort is among the 3 ski Resorts with best conditions in Russia.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Gorky Gorod, like its neighbouring ski resort Rosa Khutor, was created in the course of the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. From Lower Town in the valley, gondola K1 takes you to Upper Town at 960m/3,150ft above sea level, where you can start onto the slopes.
You have a total of 30km/18.6mi of slopes at your disposal. Beginners will prefer the lower area of the central sector, as the section between gondola K2 and chair lift K8 features only green and blue slopes. It is also home to a terrain park suitable for freestyle novices. The higher part as well as the east sector are more demanding, with mainly reds and blacks. Gondola K3 and the two chair lifts K4 and K5 take you to the highest point of the ski area, Chyernaya Piramida at 2,375m/7,792ft.
You can night ski at Gorky Gorod from Friday to Sunday. The green and blue runs at K8 and K9 lifts are illuminated until 11 pm.
While the wintery landscape invites you to a snow-shoe or winter hiking tour, the tubing track next to gondola K2 makes for a swift run downhill all without skis or snowboard. At the valley in Lower Town, you can find a natural ice rink and a husky park.
Infrastructure & Rental
Gorky Gorod is located 43km/27mi from Sochi (Adler) Airport. Bus line 105 goes from the main railway station in Sochi via the airport and into the ski resort. You can also get to Gorky Gorod by train: the closest train station is in Krasnaya Polyana.