- Elevated between 3379 ft and 3871 ft, the Cross-Country Skiing Area is among the 15 highest elevated Cross-Country Skiing Areas in Germany.
- The cross-Country skiing area is among the 15 cross-Country Skiing Areas with best conditions in Germany.
The Cross-Country Area
The Thurnerspur cross-country ski trail network near St. Märgen is snow-sure and versatile. The skating and classic trails are each 15 kilometres long but have several shortcuts so beginners can adjust the length of their tour to their physical condition. The skating track can be shortened to 8 kilometres, 12 kilometres and 13.8 kilometres. The classic track on 8 kilometers, 10 kilometers, 12 kilometers and 13.6 kilometers.
You can also use 3.5 kilometres of the route on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 18.00 to 21.00 under floodlight.
The log cabin at the start and finish of the cross-country trails is heated and offers the possibility to stop for refreshments and showers.
Skiing is also available in the area. The Thurner ski lift is perfectly suited for families, beginners and returning skiers and also offers ski and snowboard courses.
The Most Beautiful Tracks
- Thurnerspur night trail: 3,5 km - easy - skating/classic
- Thurnerspur skating track: 15 km - medium - skating
- Thurnerspur classic track: 15,6 km - medium- classic
Coming from Freiburg im Breisgau take the B31 to the exit direction St. Märgen/Buchenbach/Burg. There you turn right onto Höllentalstraße and follow Hauptstraße and Talstraße. Then turn right again and continue on Spirzenstraße/K4907. Here you take the exit left onto the B500 (signs to Triberg/Furtwangen) and then take the first exit right to Thurner. The parking lot and the log cabin are on the right side.
By public transport:
Bus lines 7216 and 7261. Bus stops: Thurner junction or Thurner Gasthaus (approx. 500m from the cross-country ski hut).