The Cross-Country Area
On one of the highest mountain ranges in the state of Washington, visitors will find a true cross-country paradise. Incredible viewpoints present themselves all over the 60 kilometers (37 miles) of trail. While beginners can get their first cross-country experience on Shady Way, more experienced skiers will want to challenge themselves on trails like the Moose Meadows. Views of the Idaho Mountain Ranges and the Canadian Rockies make a trip to Spokane Nordic an unforgettable experience.
Another highlight in the area are the skijoring trails, where you can go skiing with your dog! Try it yourself or cheer on the professional athletes with their dogs during the BarkerBeiner Skijoring Race.
The area hosts several competitions and festivities that complete your cross-country vacation. Events at Spokane Mountain include Mt Spokane Nordic Cup and the Spokane Nordic winter fest.
Trails are accessible from 7 am to 10 pm.
The Most Beautiful Tracks
Skijoring is possible on Sundays through Tuesdays and Thursdays after 12 pm, as well as the entire day on Wednesdays. The following trails offer skijoring:
- Linder Ridge & Mica Rd from Selkirk Lodge to intersection Outer Limits/Tamarama/Junction 8
- Lower Tripps from Brickel Creek Bridge to Tripps Knob
- Upper Tripps uphill only from Tripps Knob/Junction 11 to Mica Rd/Junction 9
- Offering 36.85 miles cross-country trails, Spokane Nordic is among the 10 largest Cross-Country Skiing Areas in the USA.
- Average snow depth during the season is 68 " at summit elevation and 48 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 91 " at summit elevation and 60 " at the base.
Dining along the Tracks
Restrooms, water and picnic tables can be found at Selkirk Lodge. Nova hut in the cross-country arena offers an oven and picnic tables.
When arriving by car, you can get to Mt Spokane via Highway 2 and State Road 206 which lead to Mt Spokane Drive. On the left, you'll see the park office. From the main entrance, follow the road for 5 kilometers (3 miles) to get to the cross-country arena. Parking spaces are available.