The Cross-Country Area
In Le Grand Bornand you have almost 60 kilometers of cross-country skiing trails at your disposal. You can start in the villages of Village, Le Plans and Auberge Nordique. In total there are eleven circular trails of all levels of difficulty, ranging in length from 1 to 15.5 km. Nine kilometers of trails can be covered with artificial snow.
Two biathlon stadiums
Le Grand Bornand is also an important biathlon location in France. There are two biathlon stadiums here. The Sylvie Becaert Stadium is located in Village and another one at Les Plans in the Bouchet Valley. The Sylvie Becaert Stadium hosts the Biathlon World Cup in mid-December.
Timed track for everyone
If you also want to get a taste of competition, you can time yourself on the Les Petays trail. Start and finish is Les Plans. Here you get a chip, which is inserted and measures the time via a radio signal. The chip can also be rented at the tourist information office in Le Grand Bornand.
- Offering 36.35 miles cross-country trails, Le Grand Bornand is among the 15 largest Cross-Country Skiing Areas in France.
- Le Grand Bornand is the the best rated cross-Country skiing area in France.
- The high point of the cross-Country skiing area is located at an elevation of 3025 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 59 " at summit elevation and 9 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 70 " at summit elevation and 10 " at the base.
- Le Grand Bornand features 78 sunny days on average per season. The average for all cross-Country Skiing Areas in France is 64 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 22 sunny days. This makes the cross-Country skiing area one of the 10 sunniest in Rhône-Alpes.