The Ski Resort
The Kasprowy ski area is located in Poland's most popular ski region Zakopane and with its predominantly red and black marked slopes is mainly suitable for experienced winter sports enthusiasts
One gondola lift transport the guests from the base station in Kuznice to the 1,987m high peak of the ski resort in the middle of the Tatra Mountains. From there, skiers and snowboarders have a total of 15 km of downhill slopes at their disposal.
In addition to the gondolas, a 2-seater chairlift and a 4-seater chairlift are used to transport visitors. The former leads to a two-kilometre-long track, while the 4-seater chairlift takes skiers to a rather challenging 1.2 km long track
Freeriders are not in the right place in Kasprowy Wierch, because there is a danger of avalanches
- Offering 9 miles of slopes and terrain, Zakopane - Kasprowy Wierch is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Poland.
- Zakopane - Kasprowy Wierch is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Poland.
- Elevated between 3327 ft and 6519 ft, the Ski Resort is the highest elevated Ski Resorts in Poland. The vertical drop from summit to base is 3192 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Poland is 1030 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Average snow depth during the season is 52 " at summit elevation and 9 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 59 " at summit elevation and 10 " at the base. Therefore Zakopane - Kasprowy Wierch is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Poland.
- Zakopane - Kasprowy Wierch features 2 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Poland is 22 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 1 sunny days.
On Mountain Dining
There are three refreshment stops in the ski area. A small bistro at the base station in Kuznice satisfies the hunger in between. At the base station of the Goryczokowa double chair lift, a mountain restaurant serves traditional Polish cuisine. The beautiful panorama during the meal is enjoyed by winter sports enthusiasts at the Krasprowy Wierch peak.
Most Difficult Runs
Infrastructure & Rental
Affiliate Ski SchoolsOffered Skiing Lessons Zakopane - Kasprowy Wierch
Number of Ski Rental
Coming from Krakow, first take the S7 towards Rabka and then the S47 to Zakopane
By public transport
There are daily trains from Krakow to Zakopane. The journey takes about 3.5 hours
The nearest airport is Poprad Zakopane Tatra Airport in Slovakia
The nearest Polish airports are John Paul II in Balice and Katowice Airport near Pyrzowice. From there, buses such as the Szwagropol company, among others, leave for Zakopane in about two hours