The gateway to the wild north is the claim of Ylläs. At least, it is true. The winters are harder and darker, but the northern lights are brighter. Ylläs is one of the most popular in Finland. It has the longest run in Finland, the "Jättipitkä“ with about 3 kilometres. In summary there are 63 runs, 29 lifts and 11 lodges. You can also experience the original flair of Lapland here: with huskies and dogsledging, reindeers, ice swimming and sauna.
- Ylläs Ski is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Finland.
- Season starts on 30 Nov and ends on 5 May (156 days). Average season duration in Finland is 165 days.
- Snow coverage is usually best during December, offering an average base depth of 40 cm. Therefore Ylläs Ski is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Finland.
- Ylläs Ski features 40 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Finland is 52 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in Finland.
- Offering 55 km of slopes and terrain, Ylläs Ski is the largest ski resort in Finland.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 36
Length: 3 km
Vertical Drop: 518 m
Most Difficult Runs
Length: 0.9 km
Vertical Drop: 252 m
Lighted runs: 30 km