The Ski Resort
The gateway to the wild north is the claim of Ylläs. At least, it is true. The winters are harder and darker, but the northern lights are brighter. Ylläs is one of the most popular in Finland. It has the longest run in Finland, the "Jättipitkä“ with about 3 kilometres. In summary there are 63 runs, 29 lifts and 11 lodges. You can also experience the original flair of Lapland here: with huskies and dogsledging, reindeers, ice swimming and sauna.
- Offering 34 miles of slopes and terrain, Ylläs Ski is the largest ski resort in Finland.
- Ylläs Ski is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Finland.
- Season starts on Nov 21 and ends on May 2 (162 days). Average season duration in Finland is 104 days.
- During the season (from Nov 21 till May 2) the average snow depth at Ylläs Ski is 33 ". Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average base depth of 39 ". Therefore Ylläs Ski is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Finland.
- Ylläs Ski features 55 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Finland is 52 sunny days. April is the sunniest month with an average of 25 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in Finland.