Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
- Face covering required in lift lines
The Ski Resort
Wisp Resort is located in Garrett County and easily accessible within 3 hours from Washington, D.C., Baltimore an Pittsburgh. The season usually runs from Thanksgiving to mid March which is quite long for this region. The resort offers lodging right at the slopes with ski in/ ski out convenience.
All in all the resort offers 53 hectares of skiable terrain. There are 23 slopes available that are groomed nightly and promise fun for everyone from beginner to expert. Wisp Resort has a terrain park for each skill level: beginner, intermediate and expert. Thus, everyone will find a challenge here and has the opportunity to improve. Wisp Resort´s park crew makes sure the parks are always well maintained and redesigned so your park experience is always top notch! Don´t miss the various events in the park throughout the season and watch the pros do their tricks.
Take your skills to a new level and take some lessons! At Wisp everyone can learn something new. There are programs for children and adults as well as adaptive programs. Increasing your level of performance means increasing your level of fun! Professional instructors will help you to get where you want to be.
However, Wisp has a lot more to offer than only skiing and snowboarding. The Nordic Center offers 50 km of groomed tracks. The terrain varies from flat to rolling and and also in difficulty. Another 10 km are open for snowshoeing which is a great activity for everyone who wants to enjoy a quiet walk across wide snow fields. Fans of speed may rather enjoy a snowmobiling tour. The tours are guided and offered daily on groomed trails and backcountry.
Big and little kids shouldn´t miss a visit to the snowtubing park. Snowtubing is just as much fun as sledding but without the hike back! No matter what you choose your holiday at Wisp will be an exciting one. However, Wisp also gives you the opportunity to leave the world behind and to relax. Visit The Sewickley Spa and treat yourself with a massage that will relax your sore muscles or enjoy a delicious meal at one of Wisp´s restaurants!
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 699 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1201 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 3114 ft.
- During the season the average snow depth at Wisp Resort is 26 ". Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average base depth of 31 ".
- Wisp Resort features 46 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 50 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 17 sunny days.