Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
- Lift tickets must be purchased in advance
The Ski Resort
Wintergreen Resort is basically one big winter playground! Located in Virginia´s Blue Ridge Mountains it offers best conditions for skiing, snowboarding and tubing - no matter if you´re a beginner or a pro! Experience world-class skiing, charming lodging and outstanding dining facilities. Wintergreen Mountain has numerous acolades to exhibit. For instance, it was named "Best Ski Resort" twice by readers of Washington Post.com and is listet amongst the "Top Ten Ski Resorts" by Skiresorts.com. The resort is located southwest of Charlottesville only a short drive away from Blue Ridge Parkaway. It only takes you 2-3 hours to get there from Richmond and Washington, D.C.. The skiable terrain totals 52 hectares and offers 26 slopes. Skiers and riders of all ability levels will find plenty of trails that match their expectations. 6 chairlifts make sure you´ll conveniently reach the mountain top and more than half of the trails are lighted at night. The award winning Snowsports School offers lessons and programs for those who want to learn to ski or ride as well as for those who want to learn to ski or ride even better. Wintergreen even guarantees that you´ll learn it within 3 lessons! Moreover, Wintergreen Resort is home of Virginia´s largest snowtubing park! Go downhill at speeds reaching up to 30 mph and master the chutes longer than 3 football fields. Those who like it less adventurous may visit Ridgley´s Fun Park which is the perfect spot for children to play in the snow and also has a little tubing hill. Yet, Wintergreen in not only amazing on the mountain but also off the mountain. Relax in Wintergreen´s numerous restaurants, go hiking, or let loose in the Spa or the resort´s Aquatic & Fitness Center!
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1001 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1188 ft. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 3514 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 0 " at summit elevation and 0 " at base elevation.
- Wintergreen Ski Resort features 59 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 42 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days.