- Offering 5 miles of slopes and terrain, Winterberg Altastenberg is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in North Rhine-Westphalia.
- Winterberg Altastenberg is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in North Rhine-Westphalia.
- Season starts on Dec 26 and ends on Mar 10 (74 days). Average season duration in Germany is 86 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 26 to Mar 10) is 17 " at summit elevation and 17 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 20 " at summit elevation and 20 " at the base. Therefore Winterberg Altastenberg is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in North Rhine-Westphalia.
- Winterberg Altastenberg features 17 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Germany is 24 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 12 sunny days.
From bed directly upon the skiboards that is Altastenberg, the highest located wintersport place within the Sauerland.
The small village creep close to the flank of the Kahlen Asten (840m).
20 snowmakers are providing plentiful snow onto varied slopes.
The snowy and attractive terrain with 17 good prepared skiruns is placed next to the village so that all skier may get there comfortable by feet. Beginners will find a lot of space for their first swing, advanced skier may stand a challenge at the Westfalenhang, the only FIS skirun for official race- contests in the region with up to 40% slope.