The Ski Resort
Windham Mountain is located in New York´s Northern Catskills and is conveniently accessible within a 2 hour drive of metro New York, New Jersey, Long Island and Albany. The resort offers an authentic big mountain experience for the entire family. On a total terrain of over 105 hectares you will find 46 trails that can be enjoyed by beginners and experts alike. A snowmaking system covers 98% of the terrain. Hence, even if nature isn´t willing to treat the area with snow you can be sure to find best snow conditions at Windham Mountain. Naturally, Windham Mountain also offers lessons for both skiing and snowboarding. The Snowsports School features a great variety of lessons and programs for children and adults as well as adaptive lessons. Beginners are as much welcome as more experienced snow enthusiasts who want to take their skills to the max. If you want to learn to handle any terrain with ease the Power Learn Program is especially recommendable. Boredom is unknown at Windham! Keep it interesting and visit the resorts four terrain parks. Explore the Jib Park that is also lit at night, test your skills in the Warm Up Park that has the biggest features or practice in Lower Wraparound Park if you´re less experienced. Make your day on the mountain an unforgettable one and visit the tubing hill at Windham´s Adventure Park! Do it Windham style lying with your back flat on the canvas-covered tube and rush down the hill. Moreover, Windham Mountain is home of one of the best skatin centers in the region. The huge skating area also has a warming hut with equipment rental. Take a day off the mountain and spend a fun afternoon on the ice! Finally, Windham Mountain has a couple of fantastic dining facilities to offer. Whether you prefer sushi or a real BBQ you will find it at Windham Mountain!
- Offering 284 acres of slopes and terrain, Windham Mountain is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in New York.
- Windham Mountain is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in New York.
- Elevated between 1499 ft and 3100 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in New York. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1601 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1188 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- The ski resort is among the 5 ski Resorts with best conditions in New York.
- Windham Mountain features 44 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 49 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 12 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in New York.