- Offering 47 miles of slopes and terrain, Wildkogel is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Salzburg.
- Wildkogel is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Salzburg.
- It is among the 15 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Austria.
- Elevated between 2690 ft and 7054 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Salzburg. The vertical drop from summit to base is 4364 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2359 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Dec 6 and ends on Mar 15 (100 days). Average season duration in Austria is 183 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 6 to Mar 15) is 48 " at summit elevation and 8 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 55 " at summit elevation and 11 " at the base. Therefore Wildkogel is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Salzburg.
- Wildkogel features 41 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 45 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 17 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
The Wildkogel Ski Arena is located in the heart of the Kitzbühel Alps, yet is within quick, convenient reach with no road tolls to pay. The Wildkogel promises superb views of the Hohe Tauern National Park’s 3,000-metre peaks and the mighty Grossvenediger (3,674 m). Many regard it as the most scenic lookout mountain in the entire Oberpinzgau region. The Wildkogel Ski Arena offers magical conditions from December until April, for families, skiers, boarders, carvers and deep-snow specialists. And: not without reason is the Wildkogel Ski Arena referred to as "probably the friendliest ski area in Austria".