The Wildkogel Ski Arena is located in the heart of the Kitzbühel Alps, yet is within quick, convenient reach with no road tolls to pay. The Wildkogel promises superb views of the Hohe Tauern National Park’s 3,000-metre peaks and the mighty Grossvenediger (3,674 m). Many regard it as the most scenic lookout mountain in the entire Oberpinzgau region. The Wildkogel Ski Arena offers magical conditions from December until April, for families, skiers, boarders, carvers and deep-snow specialists. And: not without reason is the Wildkogel Ski Arena referred to as "probably the friendliest ski area in Austria".
- Elevated between 820 m and 2,150 m, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Salzburg. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,330 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 733 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Wildkogel is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Salzburg.
- It is among the 15 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Austria.
- Season starts on 7 Dec and ends on 22 Apr (136 days). Average season duration in Austria is 113 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (7 Dec to 22 Apr) is 122 cm at summit elevation and 19 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 139 cm at summit elevation and 27 cm at the base. Therefore Wildkogel is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Salzburg.
- Wildkogel features 54 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 56 sunny days. April is the sunniest month with an average of 15 sunny days.
- Offering 75 km of slopes and terrain, Wildkogel is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Salzburg.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 335
Snowphone+43 (0)6565 6205
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Most Difficult Runs
Abfahrt Nr. 16 Pfeifferköpfl
Length: 1 km
Vertical Drop: 340 m
Talabfahrt nach Bramberg Nr. 14
Length: 14 km
Vertical Drop: 1,300 m
Number toboggan runs: 4
Toboggan run lighted
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 12
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Lessons
Cross Country Ski Rental
Backcountry Ski Rental