- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Saxony.
- Season starts on Dec 15 and ends on Mar 10 (85 days). Average season duration in Germany is 80 days.
- The day pass at Wildenthal - Rölzhang is €8 making it one of the 15 cheapest ski Resorts in Germany.
- During the season (from Dec 15 till Mar 10) the average snow depth at Wildenthal - Rölzhang is 19 ". Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average base depth of 24 ".
- Wildenthal - Rölzhang features 20 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Germany is 24 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 9 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in Saxony.
The Ski Resort
Located between the villages Eibenstock and Johanngeorgenstadt is the Rölzhang in Wildenthal. The small family business is thus located in one of the most snow-sure areas in the Ore Mountains. A drag lift brings the skiers up the mountain.
The slope is approx. 300 meters long and therefore very suitable for children and beginners. There is also a ski school with experienced ski instructors. If you do not have your own equipment, you can rent skis on site. The lift is open Saturday and Sunday from 10 am.
The physical well-being is also taken care of here. The ski hut "Sportstüberl" is located directly on the piste and is ready for a break.
Those who have had enough of skiing can also conquer the slope with a sledge. Sleds can be rented on site. Snowshoe trekking tours are also offered. For these you should book in advance.
Wildenthal is also a perfect starting point for all cross-country skiers, because here you can get on the famous Kammloipe. The Pension Rölz also offers the possibility to stay overnight not far from the ski slope.
From Zwickau you first drive on the B173 past the airfield and then take the exit towards A72/Kirchberg. Follow the road past Hirschfeld and Kirchberg and then turn right towards Hartmannsdorf. Follow Rothenkirchner Straße for about 3.5 km and then turn left onto "An der Sandleite". After about 2 km turn right onto Torfstraße until you reach the B169. Turn right there and then take the next left onto Halbebüchsenweg. Follow this road until you reach the B283, where you turn right. Then turn left to Eibenstock and follow Schneeberger Straße and Karlsbader Straße to Wildenthal.