Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
A children's lift and a drag lift are available with more than 1 km of slopes. You will experience great summit views, for example of mount "Großer Griesstein" (2023m). Extra tip: Not far from the lift, approx. 150m, you will find the warm and cosy forest sauna with direct access to the mountain stream and a small indoor pool where you can warm up after skiing.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 820 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2359 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 2789 ft.
- The day pass at Wildalpen is €10 making it the cheapest ski resort in Austria.
- Average snow depth during the season is 11 " at summit elevation and 5 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 12 " at summit elevation and 6 " at the base.
- Wildalpen features 33 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 37 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 16 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
From Vienna: Follow A1 Westautobahn with exit Ybbs via Wieselburg. Then drive over Scheibbs and Lunz/See to Göstling an der Ybbs. Continue in the direction of Palfau, at the crossing Erzhalden turn off to Wildalpen.
From Vienna, Eisenstadt: Follow Semmeringschnellstraße S6, near Mürzzuschlag follow the B23 Mariazeller Bundesstrasse and Mürzsteg and Wegscheid to Gusswerk. Then on the Hochschwab Bundesstrasse B24 to Wildalpen.
from Linz: A1 to Voralpenkreuz junction, A9 to Windischgarsten, Unterlaussa, Altenmarkt, Grossreifling, Palfau and Wildalpen.
From Salzburg: From A1 to A9 until exit Ardning/Admont, Gesäusebundesstrasse and B24 until exit Wildalpen.
From Graz: A9 Pyhrnautobahn, exit, Traboch (near Leoben) via Präbichl/Eisenerz, Hieflau, Landl, Gams to Palfau at the crossing Erzhalden turn off to Wildalpen.
From Wildalpen to the ski lift: You drive to the junction at Hinterwildalpen and after a few hundred meters you turn left up to Winterhöh, to the ski lift or to the sauna, where you can park your car.