Whitetail Resort is a mid-size resort located between Mercersburg, PA and Clear Spring, MD. It offers fun for the entire family on a total terrain of 48 hectares. Kids and beginners have as much fun at Whitetail Resort as intermediates and seasoned skiers and riders! Whitetail is the right place for everyone who wants to learn the sport of skiing and riding. Highly trained instructors are ready to introduce you to the fun of snow sports! Yet, your are also welcome if you just want to brush up and refine your already existing skills. Choose from private, semi-private and group lessons and don´t forget to check the special packages. A special offer for families is the "Ski With Me" program that gives parents and children the opportunity to learn together. Moreover, there is a snowtubing hill available. Snowtubing is a great winter activity that everyone can enjoy. There is no experience or training needed! Just hop on your tube and feel the thrill of speed. More adventurous types can practice their tricks in Whitetail´s terrain parks that also include one half pipe. Park Place 101 is Whitetail´s beginner park and offers features that won´t ask too much from you on your first days in the park. Jib Junction, in contrast, is designed for more advanced park riders. It is stuffed with great innovative features that´ll give you a challenge.
- Whitetail Mountain Resort is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Pennsylvania.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Pennsylvania.
- Season starts on 16 Dec and ends on 13 Mar (87 days). Average season duration in the USA is 114 days.
- During the season (from 16 Dec till 13 Mar) the average snow depth at Whitetail Mountain Resort is 80 cm. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average base depth of 104 cm.
- Whitetail Mountain Resort features 40 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 35 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 16 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 5 sunniest in Pennsylvania.
- Offering 47 ha of slopes and terrain, Whitetail Mountain Resort is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Pennsylvania.
The Ski Resort
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Average snow depth of the last years