Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
- Face covering required in lift lines
The Ski Resort
Whitefish Mountain has it all: terrific skiing and snowboarding, great dining facilities, slopeside lodging and fantastic off-slope activities! The resort offers more than 1200 hectares of skiable terrain. In fact, it truly is a huge winter playground! More than half of the trails are for advanced and expert skiers and riders. Try a backcountry snow cat adventure and carve fresh powder snow! However, Whitefish Mountain is huge and so it also offers plenty of room for beginners and intermediates. Take your skiing and riding to the next level and take some lessons at the Ski/Ride School. Experienced instructors will help you to master the powder, to take your first ride with the lift or will teach you a new trick in the park depending on your needs.
Whitefish Mountain has also a lot to offer aside from the slopes: Take a dog sledding tour, have dinner on a sleigh ride or visit one of the resort´s fantastic restaurants. Families love Whitefish Mountain! Here children can have a real fun holiday in the snow. Whitefish has a special Kids Center located in the Base Lodge that includes daycare facilities as well as indoor and outdoor play areas. Last but not least Whitefish offers a great variety of on-mountain lodging properties. Book well-timed and spend an unforgettable holiday at Whitefish Mountain Resort!
- Offering 3000 acres of slopes and terrain, Whitefish Mountain Resort is among the 15 largest Ski Resorts in the USA.
- Whitefish Mountain Resort is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Montana.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Montana.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2352 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1188 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 6818 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 100 " at summit elevation and 34 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 119 " at summit elevation and 41 " at the base.
- Whitefish Mountain Resort features 4 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 56 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 3 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 5 sunniest in Montana.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
The Summit House is most likely the best spot for a breathtaking panorama. It’s best known for great milkshakes, beer and outstanding mountain fare. If you like to start in the day with a hot breakfast, head to Hibernation House and enjoy the famous French Toast or scrambled eggs. Great coffee and all kind of tea specialties are available as well.
Schedule a visit at Canada’s favorite bar, ’The Bierstube’. Hearty burgers and a great patio are reason enough to come here for a lunch break.
Inside the Kandahar Lodge, Kandahar Cafe is beckoning you in. Here you’ll only get the great farm-to-table dining experience everyone is talking about.
If you are a coffee snob, book a Coffee Roasting Tour where traders roast exclusive coffee for almost 25 years. As soon as you’re done with the tour you can enjoy the hot drink among with a great baking good that are offered as well. You prefer beer over coffee? No biggie! The Great Northern Brewing Company also show you around and explain how they make their brews so special. You need to find back your Shanti after a stressful day on the slopes? Check out the Shanti Yoga Place where you can always join a class to find you inner peace. Whitefish Massage Therapy is for those who don’t want to do anything else than get spoiled when the muscles are sore. Remedies Day Spa goes with the same concept and treats you like a VIP in setting that is super comfortable and almost feels homely.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Dining and Restaurants
Driving here is super convenient since you pretty much just have to follow US Highway 93 from wherever you’re coming from. Parking spots are never missing and parking rates are extremely reasonable.
The Snow Bus brings you with a valid ski pass everywhere around town and to all base stations.