- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1119 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2356 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The highest point of the track is 2700 ft above sea level.
- Season starts on Dec 15 and ends on Mar 10 (85 days). Average season duration in Austria is 112 days.
- The day pass at Wachtberglifte Weyregg is €18 making it one of the 5 cheapest ski Resorts in Upper Austria.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 15 to Mar 10) is 13 " at summit elevation and 12 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 14 " at summit elevation and 13 " at the base.
- Wachtberglifte Weyregg features 31 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 37 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 17 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
In the middle of the district Vöcklabruck near Weyregg at the Attersee lies the beautiful ski resort Wachtberg, the "gate to the Salzkammergut". The ski area is particularly suitable for ski trips with the whole family. There you will find four kilometres of slopes in the easy to medium category. Three drag lifts take you up the mountain.
The ski area is open Monday to Friday from 13.00 to 16.00 hrs. On weekends and holidays the lift operation starts at 9.00 a.m.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
From Salzburg take the A1 to Seewalchen am Attersee. Then you drive on the B152 along the lake to Weyregg am Attersee. Here you turn left to Reichholz and follow the Wachtbergstraße up to the ski lift. Parking spaces are available on site.