The Ski Resort
Villard de Lans ski resort is located about 35 kilometers from Grenoble in the Departement Isère on a high plateau of the Vercors mountains. It can also be reached via its neighboring village Correncon-en-Vercors. In 1968 Villard de Lans was the venue of the toboggan tournaments of the Olympic Winter Games. Villard de Lans reaches from 1050 to 2050 meters. All in all there are 34 trails. 9 are blue, 9 are red and 8 are black trails. In addition, there are further 8 green trails for all first-timers. They sum up to a total of 125 kilometers of trails! 22 state of the art lifts give skiers and snowboarders a ride up. Moreover, there are 283 snow canons to make sure you will always find best snow conditions. There´s also a lot for cross-country fans. All in all there are 110 km of trails. Thus, you may choose a relaxed walk or a demanding tour - it´s all there! Nonetheless, Villard de Lans is also widely known for its great variation of activities. Here you can find it all: a fitness-center, an ice-rink, a water park or a spa to relax for a while. In addition, the resort is mainly characterized by being child-friendly. Ribambel´s Village and Colline-des-Baines Ski Park are perfect spots for spending a great day in the snow with your family!
- Offering 78 miles of slopes and terrain, Villard de Lans is among the 15 largest Ski Resorts in France.
- Villard de Lans is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in France.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in France.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2976 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2657 ft. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 6726 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 46 " at summit elevation and 13 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 49 " at summit elevation and 15 " at the base.
- Villard de Lans features 66 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 70 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 19 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in Rhône-Alpes.