- Offering 81 miles of slopes and terrain, Villard de Lans is among the 15 largest Ski Resorts in France.
- Villard de Lans is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in France.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in France.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2976 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2638 ft. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 6726 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 21 and ends on Apr 7 (107 days). Average season duration in France is 113 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 21 to Apr 7) is 6 " at summit elevation and 6 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during December, offering an average snow depth of 6 " at summit elevation and 6 " at the base.
- Villard de Lans features 57 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 63 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 21 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
Villard de Lans ski resort is located about 35 kilometers from Grenoble in the Departement Isère on a high plateau of the Vercors mountains. It can also be reached via its neighboring village Correncon-en-Vercors. In 1968 Villard de Lans was the venue of the toboggan tournaments of the Olympic Winter Games. Villard de Lans reaches from 1050 to 2050 meters. All in all there are 34 trails. 9 are blue, 9 are red and 8 are black trails. In addition, there are further 8 green trails for all first-timers. They sum up to a total of 125 kilometers of trails! 22 state of the art lifts give skiers and snowboarders a ride up. Moreover, there are 283 snow canons to make sure you will always find best snow conditions. There´s also a lot for cross-country fans. All in all there are 110 km of trails. Thus, you may choose a relaxed walk or a demanding tour - it´s all there! Nonetheless, Villard de Lans is also widely known for its great variation of activities. Here you can find it all: a fitness-center, an ice-rink, a water park or a spa to relax for a while. In addition, the resort is mainly characterized by being child-friendly. Ribambel´s Village and Colline-des-Baines Ski Park are perfect spots for spending a great day in the snow with your family!