- Offering 93 miles of slopes and terrain, Valmeinier - Valloire (Galibier Thabor) is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in France.
- Elevated between 4692 ft and 9022 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 15 highest elevated Ski Resorts in France. The vertical drop from summit to base is 4331 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2638 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Dec 21 and ends on Mar 14 (84 days). Average season duration in France is 425 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 21 to Mar 14) is 58 " at summit elevation and 33 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 65 " at summit elevation and 37 " at the base. Therefore Valmeinier - Valloire (Galibier Thabor) is among the 15 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in France.
- Valmeinier - Valloire (Galibier Thabor) features 45 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 43 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
Valmeinier and Valloire together form the Galibier Thabor ski resort, which stretches over the three mountains Le Gros Crey, Le Grand Plateau and La Setaz des Pres. There are a total of 150 kilometres of slopes and 89 downhill runs. Around 70 per cent of the slopes are over 2000 metres in altitude. The location and almost 700 snow cannons ensure snow until Easter.
Valmeinier - Valloise is particularly suitable for beginners and pleasure skiers with mainly easy to medium difficulty pistes. These easy and long downhill runs are especially found on the eastern slope of the Crey du Quart. Also green marked slopes are not only to be found in the valley area, but also in the higher areas of the ski area.
Those looking for a challenge will find two black slopes on the Grand Plateau. The Cotérieux leads to Valmeinier, the Méregers to the Valloire valley. Two more demanding descents await you at the Cornafond chairlift on Setaz des Pres. There is also a downhill run equipped with a timekeeping system.
Snowboarders and freestylers won't be bored in Galibier Thabor either, as the Lac de la Vieille snowpark has a diverse structure. It consists of several areas and therefore has the right course for all levels of ability: From the Easy Park with light waves and curves to the 450m long Expert Zone, which is equipped with big airs and handrails. There is also a Cool Zone with music and tables for a short break.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Affiliate ShopsSki Rentals Valmeinier - Valloire (Galibier Thabor) (16)
The ski area is located about 130 kilometres from Grenoble. From there take the A41 and A43 towards Turin. At the Col du Galibier exit, continue towards Saint-Martin-d'Arc and then Valmeinier or Valloire.