At the Lac de Joux (the greatest expanse of water of the Jura in Switzerland) lie the villages Le Chenit and Le Lieu. Starting here you may adventure the skiing area of the region „Vallée de Joux.“
The area around the lake is perfect for enjoying numerous different wintersport activities.
11 ski lifts and 42 km of well groomed slopes present the well structured skiing area of Vallée de Joux. From slalom to skiing at night - the skiing area guarantees a diverse skiing experience for beginners and advanced sportsmen.
Friends of cross-country skiing and snowshoeing will definitely come to their costs as well as the area comprises beautiful trails of more than 220 km length.
Being one of the winter highlights, you should not miss out on the experience of ice skating on the Lac de Joux. Fans of tobogganing are in for a lot of fun with their family and friends when experiencing the racy decents at Vallée de Joux.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 440 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Switzerland is 886 m. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 1,450 m.
- The day pass at Vallee de Joux is CHF27 making it the cheapest ski resort in the Lake Geneva region.
- Vallee de Joux is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in the Lake Geneva region.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in the Lake Geneva region.
- Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 70 cm at summit elevation and 8 cm at the base.
- Offering 42 km of slopes and terrain, Vallee de Joux is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in the Lake Geneva region.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snowphone0041 (0)21 845 42 42
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)