The Valchiavenna Ski Area, from November until late spring, offers 60 km of alpine ski slopes and 15 km of cross-country ski trails. Numerous slopes with modern ski-lift facilities with automatic hook-up, easily reached from every part of the village with no need for ski buses. Computerized artificial snow-making equipment, a snow-fun park, internationally approved racing slopes and slope-side restaurant facilities provide the requisites for a fun filled, unforgettable holiday. Those who prefer an alpine challenge can reach the peak of Pizzo Gropera at 3000 m and carve their own zigzagging designs along the ski slopes of the Val di Lei or descend toward the lower slopes along the most alluring slopes in the Alps. Interesting itineraries with snowshoes , alpine tours, snowmobile excursions and ice skating are a pleasant alternative to enjoy the mountain.
- Elevated between 1,534 m and 2,880 m, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Lombardy. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,346 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Italy is 941 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Valchiavenna is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Lombardy.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Lombardy.
- Season starts on 24 Nov and ends on 22 Apr (149 days). Average season duration in Italy is 129 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (24 Nov to 22 Apr) is 258 cm at summit elevation and 62 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 324 cm at summit elevation and 115 cm at the base. Therefore Valchiavenna is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Lombardy.
- Valchiavenna features 62 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Italy is 73 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 15 sunny days.
- Offering 60 km of slopes and terrain, Valchiavenna is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Lombardy.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snowphone+39 0343 53015
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 4
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Ski Rental
Backcountry Ski Rental