- Offering 37 miles of slopes and terrain, Valchiavenna is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Lombardy.
- Valchiavenna is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Lombardy.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Lombardy.
- Elevated between 5033 ft and 9449 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Lombardy. The vertical drop from summit to base is 4416 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Italy is 2694 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Nov 16 and ends on Mar 9 (114 days). Average season duration in Italy is 100 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Nov 16 to Mar 9) is 106 " at summit elevation and 35 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 115 " at summit elevation and 45 " at the base. Therefore Valchiavenna is among the 15 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Italy.
- Valchiavenna features 56 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Italy is 62 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 20 sunny days.
The Valchiavenna Ski Area, from November until late spring, offers 60 km of alpine ski slopes and 15 km of cross-country ski trails. Numerous slopes with modern ski-lift facilities with automatic hook-up, easily reached from every part of the village with no need for ski buses. Computerized artificial snow-making equipment, a snow-fun park, internationally approved racing slopes and slope-side restaurant facilities provide the requisites for a fun filled, unforgettable holiday. Those who prefer an alpine challenge can reach the peak of Pizzo Gropera at 3000 m and carve their own zigzagging designs along the ski slopes of the Val di Lei or descend toward the lower slopes along the most alluring slopes in the Alps. Interesting itineraries with snowshoes , alpine tours, snowmobile excursions and ice skating are a pleasant alternative to enjoy the mountain.