The Ski Resort
Welcome to Val di Fiemme! Val di Fiemme is a valley in northern Italy which gave a ski resorts association its name. Five ski resorts belong to this association: Alpe di Lusia - Bellamonte, Passo Rolle, Lavazè - Jochgrimm, Alpe Cermis - Cavalese and Latemar Ski Center. This very special ski region reaches from southern South Tyrol to northern Trentino and its more than 100 Kilometers of slopes await enthusiastic ski vacationers from all over the world. There are more than enough slopes of all difficulties to be checked out. About 50 state of the art lift facilities run in the ski resorts, while modern snow cannons ensure skiing fun despite suboptimal weather conditions. And if the skiers are looking for some diversion they can take the free shuttle service running between the ski resorts. In Val di Fiemme skiers´ dreams come true!
- Offering 68 miles of slopes and terrain, Val di Fiemme is among the 15 largest Ski Resorts in Italy.
- Val di Fiemme is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Trentino.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Trentino.
- Elevated between 3281 ft and 8258 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Trentino. The vertical drop from summit to base is 4977 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Italy is 2717 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Average snow depth during the season is 36 " at summit elevation and 16 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 39 " at summit elevation and 19 " at the base.
- Val di Fiemme features 71 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Italy is 60 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 22 sunny days.
Val di Fiemme is really famous for nordic skiing not for alpine skiing. I think despite the warm weather conditions you will find lots of possibilities for nordic skiing. Just ask at the tourist office. They'll show you the best places.Have funMartin