- Offering 78 miles of slopes and terrain, Val Cenis is among the 15 largest Ski Resorts in France.
- Elevated between 4265 ft and 9186 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 15 highest elevated Ski Resorts in France. The vertical drop from summit to base is 4921 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2638 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Dec 15 and ends on Mar 14 (90 days). Average season duration in France is 425 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 15 to Mar 14) is 83 " at summit elevation and 25 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during August, offering an average snow depth of 116 " at summit elevation and 20 " at the base.
- Val Cenis features 50 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 45 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 19 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
Amidst the Vanoise national park lies the beautiful skiing area Val Cenis. Surrounded by pine and larch forests both skiers and snowboarders will find a spacious ski area in the three villages Lanslevillard, Lanslebourg and Termignon offering 125 km (78 mi) of slopes in total.
In Val Cenis you´ll find the perfect location for a family trip with all the blue and red downhill runs. The area is rather unknown and is thus not overrun with tourists. And this is why short queues are guaranteed. Additionally, the skiing area is also facilitated with a park for children and a sled run. Experienced skiers will not be disappointed with us, either, as we offer 55 ski-runs and two snow parks. And should you need a break from all that skiing, it´s best you go to the snow zone. Here, all freestyle snow lovers can practice their skills safely on a huge air bag or just enjoy themselves while snow tubing.
Val Cenis is part of the network Eski-mo. If you opt for a 6 or 7 day ticket, you will have the possibility to use the ski areas of Aussois, La Norma, Bonneval and Valféjus for one day, too. This way you will have more than 300 km (186 mi) of runway pleasure.