- Offering 10 miles of slopes and terrain, Unterberg is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Lower Austria.
- Unterberg is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Lower Austria.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Lower Austria.
- Elevated between 2329 ft and 4403 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Lower Austria. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2073 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2359 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 21 and ends on Mar 8 (78 days). Average season duration in Austria is 188 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 21 to Mar 8) is 22 " at summit elevation and 5 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 36 " at summit elevation and 9 " at the base.
- Unterberg features 40 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 37 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 19 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in Lower Austria.
The Ski Resort
The Unterberg ski area, which is particularly popular with families, is about an hour's drive from Vienna. Here, a total of 16 km of easy and medium difficulty slopes can be explored, spread over ten downhill runs.
No long waiting times and overcrowded pistes - in Unterberg, the fun skiers will find their money's worth. The skiing area also offers a beautiful panoramic view of the foothills of the Alps as well as a clear view of Schneeberg and Rax.
The smallest children are in the best of hands in Kinderschiland near the valley station of the summit lifts. In the lessons of the ski and snowboard school Unterberg you can practise your turns and learn the ABC of winter sports. A carpet lift makes the ascent easier. The equipment can be borrowed from the Unterberg ski rental, which is located directly next to the cash desk.
For beginners, the all blue marked pistes around the cutting lift are also suitable for safety on the boards. In the meantime, advanced skiers and snowboarders can explore the descents around the two summit lifts, such as the red marked descents Hüttenhang and Bischofschlag.
The Funpark Cutting Park makes freestyle hearts beat faster. Various artificial and natural obstacles as well as terrain forms provide variety. Rails, pipes, boxes, tables and a wall ride are included. Appropriate protective equipment is mandatory for use. The snowpark can be reached via the cutting lift and the blue marked cutting run.