Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
Right above the village Thusis the skiing area of Tschappina and Urmein extends to the the top of the mountain. The skiing area is equipped with 3 different ski lifts that will safely transport you to the pistes, toboggan runs and walking trails around the area.
For beautiful sights of the landscape you may take the skilift up to the „Lüschgrat“ (the mountain peak) at 2182 m a.s.l. before heading down the piste again. The slopes of the skiing areas surrounding Tschappina and Urmein are always well groomed and are suitable for beginners and intermediates.
Enjoy a trip to Thusis with your friends or family and explore the surrounding nature!
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2543 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Switzerland is 2861 ft. The highest point of the track is 6808 ft above sea level.
- Average snow depth during the season is 53 " at summit elevation and 41 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 56 " at summit elevation and 44 " at the base.
- Tschappina - Heinzenberg features 53 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Switzerland is 48 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 19 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in Grisons.