- Offering 1414 acres of slopes and terrain, Timberline Lodge Ski Area is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Oregon.
- Timberline Lodge Ski Area is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Oregon.
- Elevated between 6001 ft and 8540 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Oregon. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2539 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1188 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Jun 1 and ends on Sep 7 (98 days). Average season duration in the USA is 111 days.
- Snow coverage is usually best during April, offering an average base depth of 152 ". Therefore Timberline Lodge Ski Area is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Oregon.
- Timberline Lodge Ski Area features 68 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 73 sunny days. June is the sunniest month with an average of 22 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
Timberline Lodge Ski Area is an exceptional ski resort located on Mt. Hood, the tallest mountain in Oregon. It is the only ski area in North America that is open all year long. It boasts over 570 hectares of skiable terrain for all ability levels.
Due to its top elevation of 4,849 feet and an average snowfall of almost 40 feet a year, Timberline Lodge doesn't need any snowmaking. You will always find great snow conditions on the mountain - 12 months a year! The trails are serviced by 9 lifts and a passenger snowcat as you have the opportunity of snowcat skiing here as well. Palmer Snowfield, open primarily in the summer, is located above tree line and provides a unique skiing experience for advanced and expert skiers.
The Ski School offers programmes for children and adults who want to learn the basics of skiing and snowboarding as well as the so called Next Step programmes designed for more advanced skiers and riders who want to brush up and refine their skills. In addition, there are 5 terrain parks and a pipe available. Find exceptional and well maintained features to show off your skills.
On Mountain Dining
Timberline Lodge has seven family friendly dining facilities. The Cascade Dining Room and Ram's Head Bar are located in the main lodge. The Blue Ox Bar is also in the main lodge. The Wy'East Cafe and Y'Bar are located in the Wy'East Day Lodge. Phlox Point Cabin offers ski-in, ski-out dining in the winter. Mt. Hood Brewing Co. is located in nearby Government Camp. All restaurants feature local and seasonal food and beverages.
You want to explore the scenic winter wonderland around Timberline Lodge? Snowshoeing is a great way to do so, as it is fun and easy! Another option is to book a snowcat ride. Once you've had enough outdoors, you can relax in the sauna or hot tub, hit the gym, or browse the large selection of books and DVDs available for rent at Timberline Lodge.
Timberline Lodge is located about an hour from Portland. If you don't want to drive yourself, there are a number of shuttle services and rideshare options available.