The Ski Resort
The ski resort Tetnuldi near Mestia in Georgia is the largest ski area in the Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti region, and is located at 2,260m/7,415ft to 3,165m/10,384ft above sea level at the northern, western, and southwestern slopes of Tetnuldi mountain.
In February 2016, the ski resort was reopened. Skiers and snow boarders find mainly intermediate to challenging runs. The longest run is 9.5km/5.6mi long. A short easy run can be found as well, however, it leads to the intermediate valley run, so the ski resort is not really suitable to absolute beginners.
Not far from Tetnuldi, even closer to Mestia, Hatsvali is another ski resort worth visiting.
- Offering 16 miles of slopes and terrain, Tetnuldi - Mestia is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Georgia.
- Tetnuldi - Mestia is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Georgia.
- Elevated between 7415 ft and 10384 ft, the Ski Resort is the highest elevated Ski Resorts in Georgia. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2969 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Georgia is 2589 ft.
- The ski resort is the ski resort with the best snow conditions in Georgia.
- Tetnuldi - Mestia features 5 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Georgia is 6 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 2 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 1 sunniest in Georgia.
You can reach the ski resort from Mestia by taxi or on a shuttle bus.
If you travel by car, just follow Zugdidi Jvari Mestia Lasdili until you reach the ski resort.