The Ski Resort
Temple Basin is an amazing ski and snowboarding area in the middle of New Zealand´s Southern Alps, surrounded by the beauty of Arthur´s Pass National Park.
It is Club based which means it is all about fun and good times. People come to meet other people, enjoy the wonderful snow and fantastic conditions, and they often have some of the best skiing or boarding experience of their lives. In fact, many international boarders rank it as one of the best areas in the world. Yet it is also friendly, open to everyone and not far from Christchurch.
It is not for the faint- of- heart because it´s a bit of a hike up the hill from the main highway, but the thrill of staying in a comfortable lodge, with chefs, high up in the Main Divide and then waking up, on what feels like the top of the world, is well worth it.
Temple Basin is a destination area with most guests staying on the mountain for up to a week. There are all inclusive packages for any length of stay. Guests are required to bring sleeping bags but all their other needs will be taken care of.
- Offering 791 acres of slopes and terrain, Temple Basin Ski Field is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Canterbury.
- Temple Basin Ski Field is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Canterbury.
- Elevated between 4350 ft and 6407 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Canterbury. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2057 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in New Zealand is 1545 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- The day pass at Temple Basin Ski Field is NZD85 making it one of the 5 cheapest ski Resorts in New Zealand.
- Snow coverage is usually best during September, offering an average snow depth of 63 " at summit elevation and 19 " at the base. Therefore Temple Basin Ski Field is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Canterbury.
- Temple Basin Ski Field features 9 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in New Zealand is 11 sunny days. September is the sunniest month with an average of 5 sunny days.