Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Restrictions on lift capacity
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- No Après Ski
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
The Tauplitz ski area in the Salzkammergut offers skiing fun on 43 kilometres of slopes and looks back on a long skiing tradition. The Lawinenstein mountain was first skiable in 1905. The Tauplitz offers fun on the slopes from the beginning of December to the end of April. Then there are between three and four metres of snow and you can enjoy great forest runs or sunny slopes above the tree line.
The ski area can be reached with the Tauplitz cable car, which takes you up to the Tauplitzalm. Here, there are some mountain restaurants, several accommodation facilities and even a small church. This is also the perfect place for beginners as there are several practice lifts, such as the Großseelifte or the Lärchkogellift. There is also a kids area with an 80-metre-long magic carpet. Together with the ski instructors, the kids practice the first turns and learn to cope with different terrain.
If you want to venture higher, take the Schneiderkogel lift to the peak of the same name (1765 m) or the Lawinenstein lift to the highest point of the ski area at 1965 m. The number of blue and red marked slopes on the Tauplitz is very balanced, so that everyone gets their money's worth. From the Lawinenstein mountain you can either choose the blue marked trail with the number 29, which is also easy to master for families, or you choose the red marked number 23, while the black number 27 provides a real challenge.
A great way to explore the entire ski area is to take part in the two ski circuits Panroamarunde and Große Almrunde. For both, depending on the individual condition, 2 to 3.5 hours should be included. Finally, you should not miss the valley runs to Tauplitz and Bad Mitterndorf.
The Tauplitz is also a great ski area for freeriders! Around Schneiderkogel, Lawinenstein and Tauplitzalm there is a wonderful freeride area with a wide variety of lines. Tips are available at the Freeride & Alpin Center.
- Offering 27 miles of slopes and terrain, Tauplitz – Bad Mitterndorf is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Styria.
- Tauplitz – Bad Mitterndorf is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Styria.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Styria.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 3507 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2359 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The highest point of the track is 6447 ft above sea level.
- Average snow depth during the season is 57 " at summit elevation and 15 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 58 " at summit elevation and 16 " at the base. Therefore Tauplitz – Bad Mitterndorf is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Styria.
- Tauplitz – Bad Mitterndorf features 60 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 62 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 19 sunny days.