Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Restrictions on lift capacity
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
- All transactions across the resort will be cashless
- Lift tickets must be purchased in advance
The Ski Resort
Taos Ski Valley is a world famous New Mexico ski resort that offers a unique skiing experience. Blending its founder´s European roots with local Hispanic and Pueblo Indian cultures Taos Ski Valley offers an atmosphere that you won´t find anywhere else! The resort is primarily famous for its extensive expert terrain that makes it home of extreme skiing. Taos Ski Valley´s hike-to terrain is known amongst extreme skiers all over the world. A short hike from Chair #2 will give you access to multiple runs that will give even experts a challenge. Taos Ski Valley offers everything from tree skiing to open bowls with deep powder snow. To cut a long story short: Taos Ski Valley is the perfect resort for everyone looking for a rush of adrenaline! However, that doesn´t mean Taos Valley isn´t a great resort for beginners and intermediates! It also features abundant easiest and intermediate runs that make everyone happy. Moereover, it is home of one of the best ski schools in the nation. It offers a variety of programs and clinics for children and adults all taught by experienced and devoted instructors that work with an innovative approach to skiing. Taos Ski Valley has been a ski only resort for a long time, but is no more! Snowboarders are welcome and the resort even boasts a great terrain park. It is located on Maxie´s run and offers splendid features such as a quarter pipe, some rails, jibs and two huge airs. It is groomed nightly to provide best conditions when you want to ride the park.
- Offering 1292 acres of slopes and terrain, Taos Ski Valley is the largest ski resort in New Mexico.
- Taos Ski Valley is the the best rated ski resort in New Mexico.
- Elevated between 9206 ft and 12480 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in the USA. The vertical drop from summit to base is 3274 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1201 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- During the season the average snow depth at Taos Ski Valley is 54 ". Snow coverage is usually best during September, offering an average base depth of 87 ". This makes Taos Ski Valley the ski resort with the best snow conditions in the USA.
- Taos Ski Valley features 106 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 63 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 24 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 5 sunniest in the USA.