Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Lift tickets available online
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
The ski resort near Sälen amalgamates the slopes of Tandålen with those of Hundfjället. It boasts 60 broad runs for pleasurable carving. While the runs at Tandålen and Hundfjället are not connected on the mountain, a connecting lift at the base makes changing between the slopes comfortable and easy.
Tandålen has numerous black and red runs in store, especially around the Central Tandålen area. Beginners find some easy runs at the Östra area. Freestylers will love Super Park, one of the largest terrain parks of the country, and Junior Park for freestyle novices.
Hundfjället boasts a number of long runs that go on for more than a kilometre. Children can go wild at Troll Forest, where they are met by funny wooden trolls. Valle's Skidland features easy boxes and rails to try out freestyle skiing. Off-piste skiers enjoy the area around Väggen.
- Offering 28 miles of slopes and terrain, Tandadalen – Hundfjället is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Sweden.
- Tandadalen – Hundfjället is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Sweden.
- It is known to be the most family-friendly ski resort in Sweden.
- Elevated between 2133 ft and 2920 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in central Sweden. The vertical drop from summit to base is 787 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Sweden is 1079 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 5 and ends on Apr 25 (141 days). Average season duration in Sweden is 192 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 5 to Apr 25) is 25 " at summit elevation and 26 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 31 " at summit elevation and 35 " at the base. Therefore Tandadalen – Hundfjället is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in central Sweden.
- Tandadalen – Hundfjället features 51 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Sweden is 41 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 16 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 15 sunniest in Sweden.
On Mountain Dining
You will find full-service restaurants as well as little cafés for just a snack in Tandålen. All of them are located at the base area. Hundfjället also boasts a variety of dining options. Hungry skiers can enjoy the great view from restaurant Lyktan, which can be accessed with the 8-person chair lift.
Experts should not miss out on the World Cup run in Hundfjället as well as the long base run.
Most Difficult Runs
Sweden is known for its dog-sled rides, so if you're going to Sweden for a ski trip, don't miss out on that opportunity! Alternatively, a ride on a snowmobile can also be fun. Experium leisure centre in Lindvallen also boasts a great offer of activities for holiday-makers. Look forward to a water park, cinema, bowling alley as well as a spa and sauna area for relaxing.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Tandådalen is known for its après-ski scene. The bars often feature live musik. Tandådalens Wärdshus, for instance, features a changing act every night. Partypeople also meet at ice Nightclub or Fjällis Lounge, where DJs as well as the Piano bar make for a great atmosphere.
Sälen is located 410 kilometres from Stockholm, and 460 km from Göteborg. By car, you can reach the resort via E45. Exit at Malung and chante onto Riksväg 66 which will lead you to Sälen.
If you're travelling by train you should go to Borlänge. That is where Dalatrafik Bus (No. 257) starts, which will take you to the ski resort.
The closest airport is located in Mora, a little more than 90 kilometres away.