The Ski Resort
The Szczyrk ski resort is located in Silesia near the village of the same name. With a total of around 35 kilometres of slopes, it is one of the largest ski areas in Poland. The range of slopes for beginners, intermediate and expert skiers is quite balanced, so there are slopes for every level of ability in all areas of the resort. So here everyone can have a lot of fun exploring the whole ski area.
However, beginners and pleasure skiers have the greatest choice with 22 kilometres of blue marked slopes. For experienced skiers, on the other hand, the approximately 4 km of slopes (2 runs) of the black category could quickly become boring. Most of the slopes are covered with snow. There are also two floodlit slopes below the cable car.
There are three access points to the ski area: Skrzyczne, the Szczyrk Gondola near Czyrna and Solisko. Parking is available at all base stations. There is also no lack of service. In the local ski school there are ski courses for those who want to learn skiing or snowboarding. There is also a ski kindergarten. So parents know their little ones are in good hands while they explore the slopes of Szczyrk. Those who do not have their own skis can rent some in the ski resort. And there is also food and drink available. Several restaurants offer delicious food.
- Offering 22 miles of slopes and terrain, Szczyrk is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Poland.
- Szczyrk is the the best rated ski resort in Poland.
- It is known to be the most family-friendly ski resort in Poland.
- Elevated between 1762 ft and 4124 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Poland. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2362 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Poland is 1106 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Average snow depth during the season is 24 " at summit elevation and 7 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 26 " at summit elevation and 6 " at the base. This makes Szczyrk the ski resort with the best snow conditions in Poland.
- Szczyrk features 8 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Poland is 7 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 6 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in Poland.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Most Difficult Runs
The Szczyrk Mountain Resort is located about 20 kilometres south of Bielsko-Bala near the border with the Czech Republic and Slovakia.