Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
- Lift tickets must be purchased in advance
The Ski Resort
Sugarbush is a great Vermont ski resort. It is located in the Mad River Valley and provides some of the best terrain in the East . There are over 200 hectares of skiable terrain spreading over two mountains. With its summit at 1244 meters it offers best snow conditions. However, Sugarbush complements its natural snowfall with a great snowmaking system covering 70% of the area. Sugarbush has something for everyone. No matter if beginner or expert you will find trails that meet your expectations among the 111 trails Sugarbush has to offer. Sugarbush Ski and Ride School offers a unique sample of programs for children and adults. Each program aims at combining safety, fun and learning. There are not only beginner programs but also camps and clinics for more advanced skiers and riders such as the Women´s Ski Discovery Camps. In addition, Sugarbush gives you the opportunity to explore its backcountry terrain. Take a ski/ride tour with a mountain guide or go on a snowshoe tour! There is also a day care center available so parents can also partake in these great adventures! If you´re a fan of Cross Country skiing you may be happy to hear that there are 45 km of groomed tracks available locally. Enjoy this combination of snow and scenery and discover Mad River Valley!
- Offering 502 acres of slopes and terrain, Sugarbush Resort is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Vermont.
- Sugarbush Resort is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Vermont.
- Elevated between 1483 ft and 4085 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Vermont. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2602 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1188 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Average snow depth during the season is 48 " at summit elevation and 30 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 48 " at summit elevation and 30 " at the base. Therefore Sugarbush Resort is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Vermont.
- Sugarbush Resort features 60 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 64 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 13 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 5 sunniest in Vermont.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Sugarbush Resort is about 40 miles from Burlington, VT.