- Offering 124 acres of slopes and terrain, Sugar Mountain Resort is the largest ski resort in North Carolina.
- Sugar Mountain Resort is the the best rated ski resort in North Carolina.
- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts in North Carolina.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1201 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1188 ft. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 5299 ft.
- The ski resort is among the 3 ski Resorts with best conditions in North Carolina.
- Sugar Mountain Resort features 67 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 58 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 20 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in North Carolina.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
Sugar Mountain Resort is North Carolina´s largest ski area and a families´ all time favorite. The resort offers all big mountain amenities in a nice and calm family environment. Sugar Mountain aims at offering affordable prices and kids under 4 even ski free! The skiable terrain totals 46 hectares on which you will find 20 trails and slopes for all ability levels. A snowmaking system can cover the entire area and complements the 1.7 meters of natural snowfall. Those who need some instruction can take lessons at the Ski & Snowboard School. It offers private and group lessons daily. Check out the special programs for kids and soon your child will cruise the slopes like a pro! Wanna try something else? Snowtubing is a great winter activity that can be enjoyed by the entire family! The runs are over 200 meters long, equipped with their own lift and lighted by night. You can also take a snowshoeing tour. A guide will accompany on your tour through the pristine winter forests and open fields! So go and plan your next trip to Sugar Mountain Resort today!