- The vertical drop from summit to base is 763 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Germany is 215 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The highest point of the track is 1,563 m above sea level.
- Sudelfeld is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Germany.
- It is among the 15 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Germany.
- Season starts on 15 Dec and ends on 6 Apr (112 days). Average season duration in Germany is 94 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (15 Dec to 6 Apr) is 110 cm at summit elevation and 20 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during April, offering an average snow depth of 143 cm at summit elevation and 15 cm at the base.
- Sudelfeld features 43 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Germany is 31 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 12 sunny days.
- Offering 31 km of slopes and terrain, Sudelfeld is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Germany.
The Ski Resort
The beauty of the unique natural landscape between Bayrischzell and Oberaudorf was established 110 years ago, when the first skiers ventured there.Today, Germany’s largest connected ski area, which boasts chairlifts, drag lifts, state of the art snow machines, top pro ski schools, a snowboarder fun park and a ski kindergarten, is a modern, sporty, informal ski resort which has retained much of its original natural charm.
The large ski centre offers runs at all levels, from beginners to pros. Cosy rustic alpine and mountain guesthouses, perched conveniently on the slopes, all invite hungry and thirsty skiers to indulge in a little refreshment. A family super ski pass can be purchased on Sundays, and the resort holds a ladies day.
Skaters and cross-country skiers can enjoy 64 km of trails in the Bayrischzell-DSV Nordic Active Centre cross-country ski centre. A winter jamboree with snowtubing on the Tannerfeld in Bayrischzell, and floodlit night tubing provide additional entertainment. The Sport Alp in Bayrischzell is your central information point, and provides an all-round service for winter sports enthusiasts.
An info-point, a rental and test centre, a bistro with après-ski, showers and a shop are just some of the facilities.The Sudelfeld ski paradise belongs to the Alpen Plus ski pass association. Multi-day tickets are valid on all 75 mountain railways and lifts in the surrounding ski areas of Brauneck, Wallberg, Spitzingsee, Sudelfeld and Zahmer Kaiser/Tyrol.