Austrias largest glacier skiing area
TRAIL DIVERSITY, GUARANTEED SNOW, FAMILY-FRIENDLYNESS
Approx. 110 kilometers of downhill runs with easy to challenging trails promise lots of fun on the slopes. Snow is guaranteed from October to June between 1,750 and 3,210 meters. In addition to the glaciers and natural snow, modern snow-making facilities in the glacier foreland provide for top snow conditions. The bottom station with a comfort center offers winter athletes extra comfort. At the BIG Family ski camp for children and young people kids can enjoy the most wonderful adventures in the snow.
SEE IT FIRST - THE STUBAI GLACIER AT A GLANCE
· snow assured from October to June · 25 modern cableways and lifts
· NEW: glacier lift with two new trails on the Daunferner
· free parking spaces for coaches and cars with car park shuttle bus
· a convenient start to a great day of skiing: the new bottom station with its state-of-the-art ticketing system
· top 110 km of pistes with a brilliant bonus: natural snow on the glacier bed makes for perfect skiing
· BIG Family Ski Camp Stubai Glacier: Childcare for children ages 3 and over
· Moreboards Stubai ZOO at the Gaisskarferner. NEW: triple kicker line and rails, wall ride “Pyra”. With beginner and children’s line.
· giant slalom racecourse on the Eisjochferner
· speed measurement course on the Daunferner
· cross-country skiing on the 2 km long high altitude trail
· ice climbing tower at Gamsgarten – 20 m high tower from December to March, introductory courses.
· glacier gastronomy: a wide choice of restaurants and meals. All meals are freshly prepared using top quality ingredients.
· Comfort center: self-service ski depot with wellness nook and beauty corner
· 3 Intersport shops on the Stubai Glacier – shopping and ski hire outlets right on the mountain. www.stubaier-gletscher.com
- Elevated between 1,750 m and 3,210 m, the ski resort is among the 5 highest elevated ski resorts in Austria. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,460 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of ski resorts in Austria is 742 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Stubaier Gletscherbahn is among the 15 best rated ski resorts in Austria.
- Season starts on 11 Oct and ends on 29 May (231 days). Average season duration in Austria is 114 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (11 Oct to 29 May) is 173 cm at summit elevation and 20 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 245 cm at summit elevation and 52 cm at the base. Therefore Stubaier Gletscherbahn is among the 3 ski resorts with best snow conditions in Austria.
- Stubaier Gletscherbahn features 110 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski resorts in Austria is 116 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 24 sunny days.