The Ski Resort
Stratton Mountain Resort is a very special ski resort in Southern Vermont. It was the first resort to welcome Jake Burton Carpenter and his idea of snowboarding. Today the resort is home of the U.S. Snowboard Championships. Stratton Mountain offers alll big mountain amenities. The skiable terrain totals over 240 hectares and 9 chair lifts and a gondola quickly take you to the summit. You have a choice of 90 trails designed for all levels of ability. Beginners feel as comfortable at this resort as experts. Needless to say that Stratton Mountain Resort has stunning terrain features. There are 5 terrain parks available: A small park that helps skiers and riders to work on their skills, two medium parks with loads of innovative features and, a large park with a half pipe, a bordercross track and an additional rail garden sum up to one of the most extensive freestyle terrain in the country. There is also a special terrain park for kids with small features coordinated for children´s needs. Generally, Stratton Mountain Resort has a lot to offer for children. The Ski School offers great programs for kids! Whether you choose private or group lessons your child is in good hands. Experienced instructors teach your child how to ski and ride in a playful way. Children from six weeks to 3 years can also play indoors at the child care center so Mummy and Daddy can explore the trails and slopes of stratton Mountain. Moreover, there is a snowtubing park available that provides fun for the entire family. Cruise the white stuff and have the fun of a lifetime with your family and friends!
- Offering 670 acres of slopes and terrain, Stratton Mountain Resort is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Vermont.
- Stratton Mountain Resort is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Vermont.
- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Vermont.
- Elevated between 1873 ft and 3875 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Vermont. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2005 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1227 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- The day pass at Stratton Mountain Resort is $82 making it one of the 5 cheapest ski Resorts in Vermont.
- During the season the average snow depth at Stratton Mountain Resort is 19 ". Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average base depth of 21 ". Therefore Stratton Mountain Resort is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Vermont.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Stratton is about 100 miles north west of Springfield, MA.