- Stoos is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in the Lucerne - Lake Lucerne Region.
- Elevated between 4265 ft and 6348 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in the Lucerne - Lake Lucerne Region. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2083 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Switzerland is 2861 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 7 and ends on Mar 13 (97 days). Average season duration in Switzerland is 132 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 7 to Mar 13) is 36 " at summit elevation and 21 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 45 " at summit elevation and 24 " at the base. Therefore Stoos is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in the Lucerne - Lake Lucerne Region.
- Stoos features 48 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Switzerland is 46 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 20 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in the Lucerne - Lake Lucerne Region.
The Ski Resort
High above the lake ´Vierwaldstätter See´ awaits you the ski resort Stoos with its 35 kilometers of trails. Fronalpstock and Klingenstock offer a variety of trails at altitudes between 1300 m and 1935 m that invite for enjoyable skiing. 20 kilometers of red trails challenge the intermdiate skiers. Those who prefer a more challenging terrain are going to love the black slopes at Klingenstock.
There is always action on the Franz Heinzer racing slope and ski movie trail, here you can not only measure your personal speed but also being filmed while skiing. Not just for training purpose but the video is also an amazing souvenir.
At the base station of the chairlift Fronalpstock, kids of all abilities are welcome in the kids park. The ski school Stoos guarantees fun while learning the right skiing technique, a ski carousel and a magic carpet will also assist.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
At the restaurant ´Laui´ you have a fantastic dining option but even so guests can visit an authentic alp cheese dairy and get to enjoy the great Swiss cheese at Fronalpstock. Newest highlight at the alp is the ´Hot Pot´, this bathing fun, under the starlight is just right to spoil yourself after a long snowshoe hike! The comfortable restaurant ´Waldhüttli´ situated directly on the slope Klingenstock invites you to linger.
Experts should try the Franz Heinzer racing slope. The slope is named after the famous Swiss skier Franz Heinzer, who won the World Championship in 1991. The slope even hosted the Swiss Championship in alpine ski racing in 2010.
Off-piste there is more to discover: 15 km cross-country skiing trails, provided to enjoy the snowy landscape and the breathtaking view over the lake. The resort also boosts a 2 km toboggan run where air boarders are also very welcome. Leave behind the stresses and strains of every day life and be part of the beautiful nature while hiking the resorts beautiful 16 km hiking trails that are offered.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
The bar ´Ueli´s Schnupf- und Schnuerbar´ is located at Sternegg, here you can get an idea of how to apres-ski the best possible way. It is open until sunset. After you can continue partying at the bar ´Alpstubli´ and the bar ´Klingenkellerbar´ in the hotel Klingenstock.
Dining and Restaurants
The summit restaurant Fronalpstock gives guests beside from culinary delights a great view over the lake ´Vierwaldstätter See´. Tradition and urbanity come together in the Business and Wellness hotel Stoos with its modern ambient while keeping the reference to the mountain. The restaurant ´Balmberg´ is as cozy as it comes with a comfortable atmosphere and traditional cuisine.