- The vertical drop from summit to base is 945 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 734 m. The highest point of the track is 1,604 m above sea level.
- It is among the 15 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Austria.
- Season starts on 8 Dec and ends on 2 Apr (115 days). Average season duration in Austria is 114 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (8 Dec to 2 Apr) is 88 cm at summit elevation and 40 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 112 cm at summit elevation and 58 cm at the base.
- St Johann in Tirol features 40 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 39 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 12 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
Visitors to Kitzbüheler Alpen holiday region, nestling between the Kitzbüheler Horn and the Wilder Kaiser − with the resorts of St. Johann in Tirol, Oberndorf, Kirchdorf and Erpfendorf − can look forward to a varied mix of holiday experiences. There´s something here for skiers, cross country skiers, nature-lovers – but, more than anything else, those with a taste for the good life will discover a holiday paradise right in the heart of the Kitzbüheler Alpen.
Experience for yourself a great combination of culinary indulgence and adventure, rural village life and the hospitality of the Tyrolean people. St. Johann in Tirol accesses the snow sure northern side the Kitzbühler Horn, with 22 ski-lifts and 67km of runs for skiers of all grades.The snow-making equipment guarantees perfect downhill-runs into village, up until the beginning of April.
In order to increase your skiing pleasure, the Schneewinkel ski area consisting of St. Johann in Tirol, Oberndorf, Kirchdorf, Erpfendorf, Fieberbrunn, St. Ulrich-Hochfilzen, Waidring-Steinplatte, and Reit im Winkl have combined together, so that from the 3 day lift pass and at no extra cost, guests can use all 58 ski lifts and 176kms of ski runs. If this is not enough, then there is the option to have the Kitzbüheler Alpen AllStarCard for 359 ski lifts and over 1000kms of downhill runs in 7 ski areas in Tirol and Salzburg: Schneewinkel, Kitzbühel, SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser – Brixental, Wildschönau, Alpbachtal, Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang and Zell am See-Kapru