The Ski Resort
The popular ski resort near the idyllic Spitzingsee lake lies a mere 70 km south of Munich, and offers holidaymakers and day-trippers alike a host of wonderful winter sporting activities. In the wake of extensive modernisation, the area has now been reinstated as one of the top 5 ski resorts in Germany.
A modern artificial snow system and the exposed heights of 980 m – 1,693 m above sea level mean that snow is guaranteed throughout the season. 23 km of slopes, 2 modern 4-seater chairlifts with protective covers, 1 gondola and 13 drag lifts ensure skiing pleasure for those of all abilities. The fun park on the Unteren Firstalm is considered an eldorado by snowboarders, including pros, who use it as a training ground. Cosy alpine huts with sun terraces provide welcome refreshment, while the certified ski and snowboarding schools offer a range of courses. Guests can hire equipment directly from the Stümpfling and Suttenbahn valley stations.
Skaters and cross-country skiers will revel in 30 km of ski-tracks in the Spitzingsee and Schliersee region, and the area also offers a range of other winter sporting activities – just check out the website! Accommodation for visitors to the ski area can be found in the mountain village of Spitzingsee, the nearby Schliersee and in the Tegernsee valley.
The Spitzingsee ski area belongs to the Alpen Plus ski pass association. Multi-day tickets are valid on all 75 mountain railways and lifts in the surrounding ski areas of Brauneck, Wallberg, Spitzingsee, Sudelfeld and Zahmer Kaiser/Tyrol.
- Offering 12 miles of slopes and terrain, Spitzingsee is among the 15 largest Ski Resorts in Germany.
- Spitzingsee is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Germany.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1969 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Germany is 705 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 5184 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 48 " at summit elevation and 30 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 63 " at summit elevation and 41 " at the base.
- Spitzingsee features 51 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Germany is 37 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 22 sunny days.