The Ski Resort
Speikboden is a snow-secure, familiarly skiing-area in the valley “Tauferer-Ahrntal”. It contains 7 cableways with a total transport performance of 12.140 persons/hour. About 80 hectare of slopes has to offer enough liberty for everyone – from the summit (2.400 m altitude) to the valley (950 m altitude). Many alternations of the terrain and very wide slopes make happy beginners and professional skiers. In the summer the “Speikboden” is a fantastic hiking area!
- Speikboden is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Italy.
- It is known to be the most family-friendly ski resort in Italy.
- Elevated between 3117 ft and 8235 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in South Tyrol. The vertical drop from summit to base is 5118 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Italy is 2713 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Average snow depth during the season is 74 " at summit elevation and 25 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 84 " at summit elevation and 31 " at the base. Therefore Speikboden is among the 15 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Italy.
- Speikboden features 69 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Italy is 68 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 25 sunny days.