The Ski Resort
Speikboden is a snow-secure, familiarly skiing-area in the valley “Tauferer-Ahrntal”. It contains 7 cableways with a total transport performance of 12.140 persons/hour. About 80 hectare of slopes has to offer enough liberty for everyone – from the summit (2.400 m altitude) to the valley (950 m altitude). Many alternations of the terrain and very wide slopes make happy beginners and professional skiers. In the summer the “Speikboden” is a fantastic hiking area!
- Offering 24 miles of slopes and terrain, Speikboden is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in South Tyrol.
- Speikboden is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Italy.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Italy.
- Elevated between 3117 ft and 8235 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in South Tyrol. The vertical drop from summit to base is 5118 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Italy is 2710 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Average snow depth during the season is 82 " at summit elevation and 28 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 92 " at summit elevation and 34 " at the base. Therefore Speikboden is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in South Tyrol.
- Speikboden features 72 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Italy is 74 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 25 sunny days.