- Offering 1 mile of slopes and terrain, Snowworld Zoetermeer is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in the Netherlands.
- Snowworld Zoetermeer is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in the Netherlands.
- Season starts on Jan 1 and ends on Dec 31 (364 days). Average season duration in the Netherlands is 364 days.
- The ski resort is among the 3 ski Resorts with best conditions in the Netherlands.
- Snowworld Zoetermeer features 77 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the Netherlands is 82 sunny days. April is the sunniest month with an average of 20 sunny days.
New Piste 3: The run was extended to 300 meters in 2016, making it one of the steepest indoor runs in Europe.
The Ski Resort
In Zoetermeer you can enjoy fun in the snow all year round. With an ambient temperature of -5°C, SnowWorld ensures winter in the ski hall 365 days a year. Three runs of varying difficulty are waiting to be explored here, no matter the season. Experts can look forward to the new piste 3 in particular – with a gradient of 20 percent, it’s the steepest run in the Netherlands and one of the steepest indoor slopes in Europe. There are no less than 10 lifts running here, ensuring a comfortable ascent back up to the top – with five surface lifts, four magic carpet lifts and one rope lift. Snowboarders can also hone their freestyle skills in the hall’s terrain park. The park set-up includes a rainbow box, butter box, down rail and jail rail. There’s also a ski and snowboard school on site here, offering courses for a range of age groups and skill levels.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
SnowWorld Zoetermeer is located between Den Haag and Utrecht and is easily accessible via the A12.
From Den Haag, follow the A12 to Leischenveen-Ypenburg, where you should keep right, taking the E19/A4 exit towards Amsterdam. After around 2 km, take the second lane from the right to head for exit 8 Leischendam and then follow the signs towards Den Haag-Leischenveen/N14/Wassenaar/Voorburg. Next, turn left onto Zoetermeerse Rijweg. After around 5 km take the third exit on the roundabout (Voorweg) and follow the road until you reach SnowWorld. There’s plenty of free parking available on site.
If you are starting in Utrecht, take the A12 towards Den Haag until the Bleiswijk exit. There, take a right onto the N209 (signs for Alphen/Benthuizen) and then turn onto Australiëweg after 1.2 km. After another 6 km, take the second exit at the first roundabout to stay on Amerikaweg. Then take the first exit at the second roundabout (Buytenparklaan). This road then leads directly to the ski hall.