- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in California.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1201 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1184 ft. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 8199 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 8 and ends on Apr 15 (128 days). Average season duration in the USA is 119 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 8 to Apr 15) is 15 " at summit elevation and 6 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 24 " at summit elevation and 12 " at the base. Therefore Snow Summit is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in California.
- Snow Summit features 92 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 58 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 24 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 1 sunniest in the USA.
Snow Summit is sister mountain of Bear Mountain and the two resorts are connected by a free shuttle service. Snow Summit offers a skiable terrain of 97 hectares. You can choose from 31 trails. The mountain provides plenty of trails for all ability levels. However, more than half of the trails are expert runs. Snow Summit puts much effort into snowmaking. The resort owns over 330 snowguns that ensure best snow conditions during the entire season even when the area is not treated with enough natural snowfall. Snow Summit also has two terrain parks, Fun Zones and Ego Trip. Fun Zones is perfect for novice freeystylers. It is full of beginner elements on which you can practice without harming yourself. Ego Trip, in contrast, is for those looking for a challenge. It has a variety of indermediate and advanced jibs and jumps. The staff at Snow Summit is very dedicated to providing best conditions and maintain terrain features nightly so you will always find perfect features. Finally, Snow Summit is also a wonderful place for first timers. The Snowsport School offers a great variety of different programs for both children and adults. They address not only beginners but also those who already have some experience and want to further their skills. And at Snow Summit the Snowsports School is even a place for advanced skiers and riders. For instance, they can participate in the "Go with a Pro" programs in which they can get helpful tips by a real mountain aficionado.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 330
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)