- Offering 996 acres of slopes and terrain, Smugglers Notch Resort is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Vermont.
- Smugglers Notch Resort is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Vermont.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2608 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1184 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The highest point of the track is 3638 ft above sea level.
- Season starts on Nov 28 and ends on Apr 19 (143 days). Average season duration in the USA is 118 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Nov 28 to Apr 19) is 48 " at summit elevation and 20 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 48 " at summit elevation and 22 " at the base.
- Smugglers Notch Resort features 54 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 63 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 13 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
Smugglers´ Notch is located right in the center of Vermont´s Green Mountains. Surrounded by untouched nature, forests and mountains, spectacular views are waiting for you. Smugglers´ Notch means not one or two but three mountains! Selfevidently, this implies a great variety of terrain. It ranges from easy cruisers for beginners to advanced trails with natural bumps up to a most difficult triple diamond trail for real experts, which is the only one in the East. All in all you will find 78 memorable trails on a terrain totalling 404 hectares. The three mountains - Sterling, Madonna and Morse - are all interconnected for your convenience. Smuggler´s Notch has 62% of snowmaking which means that all three mountains can be blanketed from top to bottom.
Freestylers listen up! Smugglers´ Notch Resort offers terrain parks for all ability levels.Prohibition Park on the intermediate Playground trail features rails and jumps for intermediate skiers and riders.Freestyle riders in the Knight´s Revenge glade will encounter log slides, quarter pipes, bank turns, rock jumps and much more as this natural park´s features evolve with influence from Mother Nature. Birch Run Terrain Park includes elements for novice and intermediate riders. Go and test your skills! The Zone is accessible via the Sterling T-bar and offers trails, jibs, jumps and more for advanced skiers and riders. There is Log Jam Terrain Park. It is a novice terrain park with plenty of space to practice and to improve on your skills. Smugglers´ also has a Burton Riglet Park for beginning snowboarders ages 3-6.
Undoubtedly, Smuggler´s Notch is also a great resort to learn how to ski or ride. The Snow Sports University´s award winning programs are designed to take your skills to the max. You will be grouped by age and ability so everyone can get the best support possible. No matter if adult, child or adaptive lessons, you can choose from a wide variety of programs.
Yes, there is a lot more to do at Smugglers´ Notch. The resort offers more or less every winter activity you can think of! Go snowtubing on Sir Henry´s Hill, go ice skating, airboarding or discover the beautiful nature around by snowmobile. Furthermore, there are 34 km of cross-country tracks plus 20 further kilometers of snowshoeing trails. One thing is for sure: You won´t get bored at Smugglers´ Notch! And after an exciting day on the mountain you can pamper yourself with a visit to the indoor pool and the hot tubs or treat yourself with a relaxing massage!