Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
Far away from mass tourism you will find the idyllic skiing area Grasgehren at the base of the Riedbergerhorn. All 11 kilometers of slopes are marked in blue or red and are therefore ideally suited for families and pleasure skiers. Visitors appreciate the clarity with the five lifts and the immediate vicinity of the ski school and cosy mountain hut.
Due to the location on a high basin at 1400 meters above sea level, snow-assured skiing pleasure is offered from the end of November until April. Grasgehren is also a federal base and venue for various national and international events in skicross and snowboardcross.
- Grasgehren is among the 15 best rated Ski Resorts in Germany.
- Elevated between 4718 ft and 5535 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 15 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Germany. The vertical drop from summit to base is 817 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Germany is 696 ft.
- Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 57 " at summit elevation and 44 " at the base. Therefore Grasgehren is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Germany.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
You can stop for a bite to eat at the Grasgehren hut at the base station of the Bolgengratbahn. There, the cosy hut feeling in a modern, alpine design is already relaxing. Those who prefer to soak up some sun can make themselves comfortable on the terrace. Typical Allgäu delicacies are served.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
The Grasgehren ski paradise can be reached either via the A96 or the A7. Leave the A96 at Lindau and follow the B308 from there to Immenstadt. There, change to the B19 in the direction of Oberstdorf and turn off to Balderschwang at the village of Fischen.
Coming via the A7, drive to the Allgäu motorway junction and leave the motorway there onto the B12 in the direction of Waltenhofen. Once there, change to the B19 to Oberstdorf and turn off in Fischen towards Balderschwang.