Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Corona test sites in the village
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
SKI PARK Kubínska hoľa is one of the most visited ski resorts in Slovakia. The area's 14 kilometres of slopes extend between 720 and 1,390 metres above sea level. It scores especially with a great panorama of the surrounding landscape Orava as well as the Tatra Mountains and the Big and Small Fatra.
The slopes are located on the southern side in the Oravská Magura mountains. As they all lead back into the valley in the same direction, the ski area is manageable and suitable especially for families. For little skiers the base area is just right. Here you will find the KIDS PARK. It is separated from the rest of the ski area and is equipped with a ski lift and magic carpet. Thanks to the parcours and snowtubing track, fun is guaranteed. For the first somewhat longer downhill runs, the slopes around the two shorter T-bar lifts are ideal.
If you want to explore the rest of the area, you should try the red marked slopes. With the two tugs on the left or the chairlift on the right, you can go uphill in two sections. At the highest point at 1,396 metres, winter sports enthusiasts can then choose between several long runs back down to the valley. The Turistická convinces with a length of more than four kilometres, which makes it the longest run of the ski area. It has both blue and red marked sections. Meanwhile, more experienced skiers can take the Pretekárska Super G (length 2.9 kilometres) or Pretekárska II. (length 2.7 kilometres), which also offer difficult passages. In addition, a freeride zone awaits professionals on the Pretekárska zjazd downhill run.
In addition to this range of slopes, SKI PARK Kubínska hoľa also has something for all freestylers. The snow park even has its own lift. Beginners can try their hand at jumps between two and ten metres, while advanced skiers can try jumps between seven and ten metres. Further obstacles on 400 meters are C-Box, Straight Box or Street Rail.
- Offering 9 miles of slopes and terrain, SKI PARK Kubinska hola is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Slovakia.
- SKI PARK Kubinska hola is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Slovakia.
- Elevated between 2362 ft and 4580 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Slovakia. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2218 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Slovakia is 1283 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Average snow depth during the season is 24 " at summit elevation and 15 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 31 " at summit elevation and 22 " at the base. Therefore SKI PARK Kubinska hola is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Slovakia.
- SKI PARK Kubinska hola features 42 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Slovakia is 41 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
Close to KIDS PARK is the self-service restaurant Orava, which scores with a large selection of dishes. The Bufet Kubínska hoľa is known for its grill specialities. Culinary experts are in the right place in the self-service restaurant Hotel Green.
The longest ski slope of the ski resort, Turistická, with a length of more than four kilometres, should not be missed.
In nearby Dolný Kubín, after skiing, there is an ice rink where holidaymakers can swing their skates. If you prefer to stay in the warm, the AquaRelax is the right place for you. There are several pools and whirlpools, as well as two slides of 40 and 71 metres and a sauna. For relaxation there is a glass pyramid from which you can observe heaven and earth. Culturally, the city of 20.000 inhabitants has a lot to offer with some museums and middle-class houses from the Renaissance and Baroque periods.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
The Ski Bar in the valley invites you for a drink or two after the last descent. The 20,000 inhabitant town of Dolný Kubín, which is only a few kilometres away, offers more bars and clubs in the evening for all night owls.
Dining and Restaurants
Dolný Kubín offers several restaurants for culinary delights. The marina is located directly in the pedestrian zone and spoils its guests with regional specialities. In the Nostalgia restaurant, regional products are preferred for vegetarian and vegan dishes. The Radnica restaurant also focuses on regional and seasonal dishes, as does the Anna restaurant, which offers numerous Slovakian specialities.
Infrastructure & Rental
To get to the ski resort, you first drive to Dolný Kubín, which you reach via the E50. Shortly before you enter the village, turn left into Zochova street, which leads to Beňovolehotská. Follow the road to the ski resort.
By public transport
There is also a railway station in Dolný Kubín. The airport in Žilina Hričovf is about 70 kilometres away.