Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Restrictions on lift capacity
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
Ski Apache opened in 1961. Since 1963 it is property of the Mescalero Apache Tribe. It is located about 30 km northwest of Ruidoso and easily accessible from cities such as Albuquerque or El Paso within 2 to 2.5 hours. Ski Apache is a great ski area for everyone as it offers a mixture of easy beginner trails, wide cruisers and rough expert runs on over 300 hectares of skiable terrain. The area is owner of the state´s only gondola. Take a ride and enjoy scenic views! There is also a Terrain Park available inspired by some of the most popular Terrian Parks. It features 12 great elements for skiers and snowboarders. The Snow Sports Learning Center offers a variety of programs for both children and adults. Get some lessons and improve on your skills! If you´re getting hungry you have the choice of a variety of great restaurants. Whether you just want a quick snack between runs or a proper meal you will find what you´re looking for. Those who like to gamble will also find a Casino on site which is also run by the Mescalero Apache Tribe.
- Offering 749 acres of slopes and terrain, Ski Apache is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in New Mexico.
- Ski Apache is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in New Mexico.
- Elevated between 9600 ft and 11499 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in New Mexico. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1900 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1188 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Dec 17 and ends on Apr 26 (235 days). Average season duration in the USA is 116 days.