- Offering 1596 acres of slopes and terrain, Silver Mountain Resort is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Idaho.
- Silver Mountain Resort is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Idaho.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2201 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1184 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 6299 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 2 and ends on Apr 16 (135 days). Average season duration in the USA is 118 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 2 to Apr 16) is 67 " at summit elevation and 58 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 84 " at summit elevation and 76 " at the base.
- Silver Mountain Resort features 5 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 17 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 3 sunny days.
Silver Mountain is located in the Idaho panhandle and is accessible in 1-2 hours from cities such as Missoula, Spokane and Moscow. The skiable terrain of Silver Mountain spreads over two mountains and totals over 600 hectares. There are 73 trails to be discovered that will please everyone from beginner to expert. Silver Mountain is the proud owner of North America´s longest gondola. Take a ride and enjoy breathtaking views of the mountains around! The Snowsports School welcomes skiers and riders of all ages and ability levels. Whether it is your first time on skis or if you want to refine your technique, this is the right spot! With almost 8 meters of snowfall per year Silver Mountain is a freerider´s paradise. Fullfill your snow dreams! You can access over 400 hectares of terrain full of great powder on the nearby St. Joe Mountains via snowcat. Nordic skiers have access to a 20 km trail system. The trails are groomed and designed for intermediate and advanced levels of skiing. Treat yourself with a visit to one of the great restaurants in the resort after a fun day on the mountain. They serve delicious food with something for everyone. Wanna spend a day off the mountain? Silver Mountain has a Indoor Water Park with many attractions for old and young!
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)