- Offering 1977 acres of slopes and terrain, Sierra at Tahoe is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in California.
- Sierra at Tahoe is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in California.
- Elevated between 7300 ft and 8852 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in California. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1552 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1184 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Nov 30 and ends on Apr 19 (141 days). Average season duration in the USA is 118 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Nov 30 to Apr 19) is 122 " at summit elevation and 50 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 134 " at summit elevation and 64 " at the base.
- Sierra at Tahoe features 84 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 67 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 26 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in California.
The Ski Resort
Sierra at Tahoe is one of the largest ski resorts in the Tahoe region. I offers 800 hectares of skiable terrain on two sides of the mountain. There is plenty of terrain for everyone no matter if you are a novice looking for gentle runs, an intermediate looking for wide cruisers or an expert looking for steep challenging terrain. Freestylers have the opportunity to choose from 6 Terrain Parks with a Half Pipe and a Superpipe. All parks are stuffed with fun features that will please beginners and advanced riders alike.
The Ski and Snowboard School offers lessons for both children and adults. Besides the usual ski and snowboard lessons you can also take some Backcountry lessons. Explore some of the steepest terrain in the Lake Tahoe region with an experienced guide who will introduce you to backcountry equipment and route selection.
Sierra at Tahoe is a very family friendly resort. Here children simply have more fun! The Ski and Snowboard School offers a great variety of porgrams for kids. In addition, there are various Kids Adevnture Zones throughout the mountain with small terrain features. There is also a daycare available for kids who dont want to ski and rather play for a while. Know your child is in good hands while you explore the mountain!
A visit to Sierra´s snowtubing park will make your holiday complete. Hop on your tube, race down the chutes and feel the icy air prickling in your face!