Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
- Face covering required in lift lines
The Ski Resort
Sierra at Tahoe is one of the largest ski resorts in the Tahoe region. I offers 800 hectares of skiable terrain on two sides of the mountain. There is plenty of terrain for everyone no matter if you are a novice looking for gentle runs, an intermediate looking for wide cruisers or an expert looking for steep challenging terrain. Freestylers have the opportunity to choose from 6 Terrain Parks with a Half Pipe and a Superpipe. All parks are stuffed with fun features that will please beginners and advanced riders alike.
The Ski and Snowboard School offers lessons for both children and adults. Besides the usual ski and snowboard lessons you can also take some Backcountry lessons. Explore some of the steepest terrain in the Lake Tahoe region with an experienced guide who will introduce you to backcountry equipment and route selection.
Sierra at Tahoe is a very family friendly resort. Here children simply have more fun! The Ski and Snowboard School offers a great variety of porgrams for kids. In addition, there are various Kids Adevnture Zones throughout the mountain with small terrain features. There is also a daycare available for kids who dont want to ski and rather play for a while. Know your child is in good hands while you explore the mountain!
A visit to Sierra´s snowtubing park will make your holiday complete. Hop on your tube, race down the chutes and feel the icy air prickling in your face!
- Offering 1977 acres of slopes and terrain, Sierra at Tahoe is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in California.
- Sierra at Tahoe is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in California.
- Elevated between 7300 ft and 8852 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in California. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1552 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1188 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Average snow depth during the season is 87 " at summit elevation and 35 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during April, offering an average snow depth of 118 " at summit elevation and 43 " at the base.
- Sierra at Tahoe features 81 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 61 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 25 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in California.