- Offering 2896 acres of slopes and terrain, Schweitzer Mountain Resort is the largest ski resort in Idaho.
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort is the the best rated ski resort in Idaho.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2402 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1184 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The highest point of the track is 6401 ft above sea level.
- Season starts on Nov 23 and ends on Apr 22 (150 days). Average season duration in the USA is 118 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Nov 23 to Apr 22) is 60 " at summit elevation and 35 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 84 " at summit elevation and 47 " at the base.
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort features 49 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 66 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 16 sunny days.
News Winter Season 2018/2019
- Changes in the management entail a stronger focus on families.
- Two new chair lifts are set to replace current Snow Ghost double chair in summer 2019.
The Ski Resort
Schweitzer Mountain Resort is located in the very north of Idaho, approximately 50 miles south of the Canadian border. The area consists of two bowls that add up to 1,174 hectares of skiable terrain. This makes Schweitzer Mountain one of the largest resorts in North America. You can choose from 92 different runs of all skill levels.
Explore smooth groomers, gladed runs, steep terrain and wide cruisers. Make sure to pause for a moment at the summit and savour the incomparable mountain scenery. From here you can see 3 federal states, Canada, and 3 mountain ranges. From the top you have access to trails for all ability levels.
Hence, Schweitzer Mountain a great resort for families and groups. You get to ride the lifts together and then split up according to skill before meeting again at the lift. Furthermore, daycare facilities are available. Professional staff takes care of the kids while parents enjoy the great slopes and trails of Schweitzer Mountain. The Snowsports School features programmes for skiers and boarders of all ages. Freestylers will find a few challenges at the two terrain parks.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
When hunger strikes you, Sky House at the Summit has two great options in store. Take a break with a nice meal at The Nest, where you get to choose from a seasonally changing menu. Red Hawk Cafe is perfect for everyone who can't wait to get pack on the slopes and just wants to grab a quick bite.
The various lodges all around the mountain also feature a number of dining facilities that cater to all different tastes. From burgers and pizza to baked goods and desserts, you will find most anything your culinary heart desires.
Besides skiing, there is a ton of activities that help enjoy your time here. If you can't get enough of the mountain and the surrounding nature, try snowbiking, tubing, or snowmobiling, or venture on a cross-country or snowshoeing tour.
Off the mountain you have options to go on a shopping spree or relax at the spa. The local Activity Center has a number of offers for kids (and kids at heart), including campfires, scavenger hunts, crafts, board games, and more.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Taps Lounge is your go-to for après ski at Schweitzer Mountain Resort. With 20 beers on tap, large TV screens, pool tables, and a a dancefloor, you won't get bored on your night out. On stage you get to see DJs and live music. If you prefer a more casual setting or want to bring your children, Pucci's Pub would be the place to go.
Schweitzer Mountain Resort is located near Spokane International Airport, which is serviced by most major airlines. From here, there are several bus and shuttle options to get you to the resort. Alternatively, you can rent a car.